Sunday 23 March 2014

Whisky Bucket Bouquet!

It seems I only make things for my Husbands Birthday so far on this blog lol. This year he was 32 and I made him a whisky bouquet.

I purchased 16 miniature bottles of whiskey off the internet, when I showed off the finished bucket some people thought they were proper sized bottles... now theres an idea lol!

I bought a tin bucket, oasis, stones, kebab sticks and things to decorate the bucket with. I started off by putting the oasis in the bucket and covering the top with the stones to hide it. I stuck the kebab sticks to the bottles, some with cellotape, due to the bottles being plastic and the others I used a hot glue gun.

I arranged the bottles in the bucket, which took a while and they kept moving but once they were settled, I decorated the bucket with a happy birthday bunting and some streamers.
Whisky Bouquet!



I was really please with the outcome, although it did cost me around £50 to make it was something a little different, and gave the hubby a chance to try different whiskies instead of having just one bottle to drink from.

There are lots of ideas out there for a bottle bouquet, from different miniatures, to filling space with sweets and different decorating ideas.



4 comments: